Pulau Ketam is an island at the mouth of the Klang River, near Port Klang, downstream from Kuala Lumpur. It host Chinese fishing villages comprising houses on stilts.
The settlement was established circa 1880 by mainly Teochew and Hoklo (Hokkien) Chinese fishermen. According to a local resident, the settlement experienced a population growth during World War II as Chinese from Taiwan fled the attacking Japanese and settled in Pulau Ketam. The buildings in the floating village are all propped up on stilts which extend up to 10 m below the water's surface. The streets, while appearing like normal paved roads, are similarly supported. Outside the main town, more precarious looking wooden bridges can be found. There are no cars on the island and getting around by bike is the norm, though there are a few motorbikes.